New Workers - Licensing Information
If you feel God has called you into ministry and wish to work in the C&MA, the next step is to begin the licensing process. The licensing process is a necessary requirement prior to placement in ministry in the C&MA for all persons serving 15 hours per week or more in a paid local church ministry role. Local church ministry is defined in the C&MA Manual as having “a primary focus on meeting the spiritual needs of people and/or providing church leadership.”
A church may choose to have a preliminary conversation with a candidate prior to candidating, however, successful completion of the licensing process is a prerequisite to hiring. This process cannot be initiated by an individual Applicant.
Requirements for approval for licensing include:
- Foundational working knowledge of the Bible and biblical theology
- Display of godly character and a consistent Christian lifestyle
- A keen sense of mission
- Full agreement with the doctrines and teachings of the C&MA in Canada
- Completion of the application package
- Completion of a Grip-Birkman assessment
- Payment of a Grip-Birkman fees
- A successful interview with the Licensing and Ordination Committee
If you are an Alliance church in Alberta or the Northwest Territories putting forth an Applicant for licensing, you should follow the steps below:
- Read the Licensing Policy (You can access this through MyAlliance or by emailing our office to request a copy.)
- Notify Shelby Keith at The WCD Office that you are considering an Applicant for candidating and hire.
- Please include the Applicant’s name, email address, whether they are candidating for portable/non-portable license, and the position they are being considered for.
- The WCD Office will contact the candidate to begin the Licensing Process.
- Once all completed application materials are received from the applicant, an interview will be scheduled with members of the Licensing and Ordination Committee (interviews usually take place once a month via Zoom)
Please note: licenses are not issued to applicants until they are hired and/or appointed to a ministry role in one of our churches, new ventures, or a specific ministry. We do not transfer credentials from other denominations.
The Grip-Birkman Assessment
A Grip-Birkman Assessment utilizes two powerful tools, The Leadership Grip and The Birkman Method, to help you find your fit and flourish within the body of Christ. Understanding your strengths, weaknesses, and underlying needs are very important. Grasping who you are, who you are not, and what and who you need, will help you understand your fit in the body – and help you lead others to discover their God-given gifts. Seeing how you fit on teams you build and are a part of and knowing how your gifts define your most powerful body-building roles helps you and others fulfill God’s purposes as His body.
$109 USD for a Signature Assessment and Report