2023 District Conference
Dates: Friday May 26, 2023 - Saturday May 27, 2023
Banquet - Stony Plain Alliance Church
Business Sessions - St. Albert Alliance Church
(Online attendance available for Business Sessions ONLY)
Business Day 1 (May 26)
- 8:30am Registration Opens - St. Albert Alliance Church
- 9:00am Business Sessions Begin
- Highlight - District Superintendent Candidate Speeches
- 6:00pm Banquet Registration Opens - Stony Plain Alliance Church
- 6:30pm Banquet Begins
Business Day 2 (May 27)
- 8:30am Business Sessions Begin
- Highlight - District Superintendent Election (online voting)
- 2:30pm District Conference concludes
The following hotels have special discount rates in place for District Conference Attendees:
Stony Plain, AB
Travelodge by Wyndham Stony Plain - $88 / night + tax, book by May 1, 2023 (Code: CGWC23 online or WCD2023 by phone)
Best Western Sunrise Inn & Suites - $128.24 / night + tax, book by May 1, 2023 (Code: WCD2023)
St. Albert, AB
Inn at St. Albert Best Western - $139.99 / night + tax, book by May 1, 2023 (Code: WCD2023)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Albert - $128 / night + tax, book by March 25, 2023 (Code: WCD)
- Licensed Workers (Business + Banquet) - $149
- Licensed Worker (Business In Person) - $99
- Lay Leaders (Business + Banquet) - $99
- Lay Leaders (Business in Person) - $59
- Banquet Only - $59
- Online Business Sessions - $29
- Emeritus (In Person / Online) - FREE
Grants: There are a limited number of grants available this year.
NOTE: This is an election year for the positions of District Superintendent and DEXCOM. Every voting delegate will be using an online voting system. There will be no paper ballots.
While registering, you will be asked to indicate your voting status (voting or non-voting). If you are a Lay Leader, appointed to vote for your congregation, please ensure you receive and complete a copy of the 2023 District Conference Voting Lay Delegate Elder Approval Form. This form will be automatically sent to you when you indicate you are attending as a voting Lay Leader on your registration. No substitutions of Voting Lay Delegates will be made on the day of District Conference Business Session.
WHO CAN VOTE?
The Policy of District Organization states The District Executive Committee shall establish the process by which the credentials of voting delegates are confirmed.
Voting delegates can come from any of the following categories:
- Officers and official workers licensed by the district
- Local church delegates:
- Churches that have adopted the Local Church Constitution of The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada may be represented at the District Conference by two voting lay delegates appointed by the board of elders. If the active membership is 150 or more, another voting lay delegate may be appointed for each additional 100 members, or fraction thereof.
- Churches that have adopted the Constitution for Developing Churches of The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada may be represented at the District Conference by one voting lay delegate appointed by the district superintendent after consultation with the Advisory Committee.
- Lay members of the District Executive Committee
- Lay leaders of district ministries appointed by the District Executive Committee
- Members of the Board of Directors of the C&MA residing in the district
- A representative of the C&MA appointed by the president
- A representative of each official school (post-secondary) of the C&MA appointed by the chief officer of that institution
- Official workers, licensed by the president, residing in the district
Lay Delegate Voting Form - must be submitted by May 3, 2023.
Members of member churches of the C&MA visiting District Conferences may be admitted as non-voting delegates. These delegates shall not have the right to vote.